Position Available: ** Attorney-Advocate**
Position Description: Provide legal counseling to public employees, pursue identified environmental violations and orchestrate reform campaigns based upon employee disclosures.
Specific Duties: PEER anticipates an influx of federal employee intakes in connection with the Trump transition. Working at the confluence of law, media and politics, PEER seeks a staff counsel to –
- Respond to employee requests for assistance;
- Develop and carry out legal and other strategies to remedy employee-identified problems;
- Conduct legal and policy research and assist in executing designated reform campaigns;
- Assist the PEER Senior Counsel in executing our litigation program; and
- Serve as media spokesperson on related legal and policy matters.
Qualifications: Bar membership, excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
Starting Salary: $50,000
Start Date: March 2017
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample by February 3rd to: Staff Counsel Search, PEER, 962 Wayne Avenue, Suite 610, Silver Spring, MD 20910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Staff Counsel Position.” No calls, please.
PEER is an equal opportunity employer.
PEER also has a variety of exciting externship, internship, and fellowship opportunities.
Click here to learn more:
Full Semester Externships (Spring or Fall)