How PEER Makes a Difference
Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility is funded primarily through grants and individual donations from people like you who want to ensure that the environment and the public employees who protect it, have someone on their side.
How can your donation help?
- $50 Gives an employee access to an attorney for free advice & consultation
- $75 Supports costs of pursuing Freedom of Information Act requests to force production of documents
- $150 Provides the costs of an all-employee survey in a mid-sized agency
- $175 Offsets the costs of filing administrative enforcement complaints
- $250 Buys enough attorney time to draft a citizen suit under a federal or state environmental law
- $300 Enables us to organize a whistleblower defense to a planned adverse action
- $500 Pay for the costs of retaining local counsel to be on call for any employee emergency
Since 2002, using objective analysis, Charity Navigator has awarded only the most fiscally responsible organizations a 4-star rating. In 2011, Charity Navigator added 17 metrics, focused on governance and ethical practices as well as measures of openness, to its ratings methodology. These Accountability & Transparency metrics, which account for 50 percent of a charity’s overall rating, reveal which charities operate in accordance with industry best practices and whether they are open with their donors and stakeholders.
The Independent Charities Seal of Excellence is awarded to the members of Independent Charities of America and Local Independent Charities of America that have, upon rigorous independent review, been able to certify, document, and demonstrate on an annual basis that they meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.